- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Latest Serena Williams Items
Caroline Wozniacki has been seeded No. 1 at a Grand Slam tournament for the first time, getting the top spot at the U.S. Open because Serena Williams pulled out injured.
In 35 years of women's tennis rankings, never before has the No. 1 player missed the U.S. Open.
Defending champion Juan Martin del Potro withdrew from the U.S. Open on Saturday, saying he "cannot compete at the top level yet" after having an operation on his right wrist in May.
Juan Martin del Potro will not defend his U.S. Open title because he is not ready to compete after having surgery on his right wrist.
Serena Williams pulled out of the U.S. Open on Friday, saying she still is recovering from surgery to repair cuts on her right foot.
Serena Williams withdrew from the U.S. Open on Friday, saying she still is recovering from surgery to repair cuts on her right foot.
Serena and Venus Williams told the U.S. Tennis Association they plan to play in the Fed Cup final against Italy in November.
Serena Williams is questionable for the U.S. Open because of her recent foot injury, according to the WTA Tour.
Serena Williams is hoping to recover from a right foot injury in time to play at the U.S. Open, the agent for the 13-time Grand Slam singles champion said Tuesday.