- Pope Francis wins another ‘Person of the Year’ — from gay rights magazine
- Rep. Steve Stockman: Give my campaign $10, and you’ll get an Obama barf bag
- Putin: Russia to buy $15 billion in Ukraine bonds
- Expert: Obamacare ‘death spiral’ fears exaggerated
- Alabama firefighters dig for survivors of apartment blast
- Big Sur wildfire destroys home of firefighting chief
- ‘ ’Twas the Night Before Christmas’ set for mock trial to argue authorship
- Angela Merkel’s third term as Germany’s chancellor to be marked by move to left
- Mega Millions entices with record-setting jackpot: Half a billion so far
- Dennis Rodman heads to North Korea — despite execution, political purge
By John R. Bolton
The president fiddles at his domestic altar while the world burns
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Serie B
Serie B, currently named Serie bwin due to sponsorship reasons, is the second-highest division in the Italian football league system after the Serie A. It is contested by 22 teams and organized by the Lega Serie B since July 2010, after the split of Lega Calcio that previously took care of both the Serie A and Serie B. Common nicknames for the league are campionato cadetto and cadetteria, as cadetto is the Italian for junior or cadet. - Source: Wikipedia
Serie A clubs Atalanta, Novara and Siena were among the 22 Italian teams notified Wednesday that they are being investigated by sports authorities in a massive match-fixing scandal.
An Italian sports medicine specialist has called for more government investment to prevent athlete deaths, a day after a former Italy under-21 soccer player died after collapsing during a game.
Livorno president Aldo Spinelli is considering setting up a life annuity for the sister of Piermario Morosini, who died after suffering cardiac arrest during the Serie B match at Pescara.
Livorno players and fans gathered at the team's stadium Sunday to pay their respects, a day after midfielder Piermario Morosini collapsed and died after suffering a cardiac arrest during a Serie B match at Pescara.
Livorno midfielder Piermario Morosini has been rushed to a hospital after collapsing during his team's Serie B match at Pescara.
Livorno midfielder Piermario Morosini died Saturday after suffering cardiac arrest and collapsing during a Serie B match at Pescara. He was 25.
The Italian government introduced a task force on Friday to combat match-fixing in soccer but has no plans to limit legal betting on games amid the latest scandal to tarnish the sport.
Former Lazio captain Giuseppe Signori was among 16 people arrested on Wednesday for alleged involvement in a match-fixing and betting ring throughout Italy.