- GOP hopes taking shutdown off the table with budget deal will pay dividends
- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
Latest Seth Smith Items
Justin Verlander pitched another Game 5 gem in Oakland while carrying a no-hit bid into the seventh inning, and Miguel Cabrera homered to lead the Detroit Tigers past the Athletics 3-0 Thursday night and back into the AL championship series.
The Tigers became the first team to reach the ALCS in three straight years since the New York Yankees from 1998-2001. Game 1 is Saturday in Boston. The Tigers went 4-3 against the Red Sox this year.
For much of the season, Stephen Vogt caught Sonny Gray with Triple-A Sacramento. Neither could have pictured pairing up on such a sensational playoff moment for the Athletics when they were 90 miles away in California's capital.
After a season filled with dramatic comebacks and memorable endings, the Oakland Athletics now expect the unexpected.
The Oakland Athletics will play another day in this improbable season full of remarkable rallies.
Seth Smith homered, doubled and drove in four runs, and the Oakland Athletics avoided a three-game sweep by beating the Detroit Tigers 12-4 Thursday in a matchup of AL playoff contenders.
Jurickson Profar made quite a debut at age 19, homering in his first major league at-bat and doubling his next time up as the Texas Rangers beat Cleveland 8-3 Sunday.
Kendrys Morales homered from both sides of the plate during a nine-run sixth inning, capping the burst with a grand slam that sent the Los Angeles Angels romping past the Texas Rangers 15-8 Monday night.
The Colorado Rockies gave All-Star shortstop Troy Tulowitzki the day off to rest a sore left hip.