- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
- Detroit porch shooting trial: Suspect says he didn’t know gun was loaded
Latest Seth Smith Items
Jordan Lyles doesn't want to relive his first loss of the season. The young right-hander just wants to leave it behind.
The San Diego Padres are picking their spots with Carlos Quentin as they ease him back into action following his return from a knee injury that sidelined him for the first six weeks of the season.
Aroldis Chapman's first failed pitch cost Cincinnati another one-run game.
With the ball coming at nearly 100 mph, Chase Headley was merely trying to get the bat to meet it. Once that happened, the rest was automatic.
The major league's worst offense appears to have woken up.
The Miami Marlins were hoping get on a roll on the road coming off the most successful homestand in franchise history.
By the time the 12th inning rolled around, the San Diego Padres were without third baseman Chase Headley - his strained calf could send him to the disabled list - and left fielder Seth Smith, who hurt a groin muscle.
Hyun-Jin Ryu did his part for the Los Angeles Dodgers. The left-hander handed over a lead to his bullpen.
The moderate-payroll San Diego Padres pulled one over on the big-spending Los Angeles Dodgers.