- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
President wants everyone but himself to pay more
Topic - Shahram Fard
"When we started it, it wasn't for one particular thing," said Capt. Shahram Fard, a member of the executive board of the Alexandria Police Association, which took the lead on the event. "We didn't know if Peter was going to make. We were all thinking [the funds] could be for a funeral."
"We've gotten donations from $3,000 up to $25,000," he said.