- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
- Iraq mulls law to let men marry 8-year-old girls
Latest Shaka Smart Items
The No. 14 Rams (1-0) will travel to Charlottesville Tuesday night to play 25th-ranked Virginia (1-0). VCU has become the standard-bearer recently in state hoops with three consecutive NCAA tournament appearances, including a trip to the 2011 Final Four,
Gone are Xavier, Butler, Temple and Charlotte — the first two to the Big East, the Owls to the American Athletic Conference and the 49ers to Conference USA. George Mason moves in from the Colonial Athletic Association and Davidson will join for 2014-15 from the Southern Conference.
Richard Pitino might not have been the first choice by Minnesota to replace Tubby Smith, and questions about favoritism could follow him the rest of his career.
A day after his son Richard Pitino agreed to become the next head coach at Minnesota, Rick Pitino proclaimed the 30-year-old up-and-comer “more than ready” for the challenge.
Richard Pitino has built a resume as one of the nation's up-and-coming young coaches at Florida International and bears a last name that draws immediate respect in all corners of college basketball.
Richard Pitino was regarded as one of the nation's up-and-coming young coaches at Florida International and comes with a last name that draws immediate respect in all corners of college basketball.
Minnesota has picked Richard Pitino, the son of Louisville coach Rick Pitino, to take over for Tubby Smith.
Mitch McGary had 21 points and 14 rebounds, and the fourth-seeded Wolverines breezed through Virginia Commonwealth's vaunted pressure with a clinical performance Saturday, beating the fifth-seeded Rams 78-53 to advance to the NCAA round of 16 for the first time since 1994.
Troy Daniels had 23 points, Juvonte Reddic scored 21 and VCU routed Akron 88-42 on Thursday night in the most lopsided victory by a fifth-seeded team over a No. 12 in NCAA tournament history.