- N.C. math whiz to unveil secret of March Madness picks
- An appealing offer: Chiquita merges with Fyffes to make world’s largest banana firm
- Amnesty International says Syria guilty of war crimes for food blockade
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: ‘We are going to crush them’
- Adam Lanza’s dad: He would’ve killed me ‘in a heartbeat’
- North Korea holds election: 100% turnout, Kim Jong-un gets — 100% of vote
- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
Latest Shaka Smart Items
Rob Brandenberg's contested 3-pointer from the corner with the shot clock about to expire might go down as the worst shot VCU attempted against UMass on Saturday. It was also the Rams' biggest basket.
VCU (25-7) made 11 of its first 21 3-point attempts to go up by 17 with just over eight minutes left. Then the second-seeded Rams kept taking 3-pointers early in the shot clock and missed their last seven.
Troy Daniels scored 14 of his 20 points in the first half when VCU' forced 14 turnovers and turned them into 24 points on their way to a 45-21 lead. For the game, the Bulldogs tied their season high was 23 turnovers, leading to 34 points for VCU.
RICHMOND | Coach Shaka Smart, VCU and the Rams' "havoc" style of play are back in the national spotlight.
Loyola coach Jimmy Patsos finds himself in a position increasingly common among his peers this fall.
VCU is joining the Atlantic 10 after deciding to leave the Colonial Athletic Association, a person familiar with the decision said Tuesday.
VCU is looking to make the most of its rise to prominence in men's basketball and President Michael Rao said moving to the Atlantic 10 is "the next step."
Virginia Commonwealth basketball coach Shaka Smart on Wednesday ended speculation that he might take the open job at Illinois by announcing that he'll stay with the Rams.
Welcome back to BracketRacket, your one-stop shopping for all things NCAA on tournament game days. It's the weekend and if you're stuck at the office, please set your SafeSearch filter to "strict." Now.