- Jeffrey Corzine, son of ex-N.J. governor, dead at 31
- Australian surfing magazine sorry for calling indigenous surfer ‘apeish’
- Records: Man in Fla. theater shooting also was texting
- The Putin problem: U.S. needs Russian rockets for spy satellites
- Florida cops ticket toddler in toy convertible: report
- Kerry warns of ‘very serious’ response to Crimea-Russia alliance
- Fla. Rep. Alan Grayson’s wife drops restraining order against him
- McDonald’s lawsuits filed over wages ‘stolen’ like Hamburglar steals Big Macs
- HUMPHRIES: Fight like a Democrat – An open letter to Sen. Mitch McConnell
- Florida board member shocks with ‘Heil Hitler’ salute at town meeting
By Emily Miller
Obama is losing the debate on gun ownership, concealed-carry permits
Topic - Shari Rendall
Senate lawmakers have opened the door to a fight over military-funded abortions, voting in committee to expand abortion coverage for servicewomen to cases of rape or incest as part of a major military spending bill expected to hit the chamber next month.
"One of the things the Democrats use is the high number of assaults in the military," said Shari Rendall, director of legislation for Concerned Women for America. "Why not focus that attention on preventing the rape and assault instead of killing a baby, which is a result of the unlawful assault on a woman?"