- Obama downplays IRS scandal, blames Obamacare rollout on ‘outdated’ agencies
- Pregnancies decline overall, up among older women
- Pentagon plans to destroy Syrian chemical arms on ship at sea
- Paris Metro issues ‘politeness manual’ to improve passengers’ behavior
- Justin Bieber, crew detained at Australian airport in drug search
- Lee Rigby trial: Muslim who machete-hacked soldier calls it ‘humane’ kill
- GM ending Chevy sales in Europe to focus on Opel and Vauxhall
- Putin’s diplomats to U.S. busted for living high life off $1.5M bilked from Medicaid
- Happy Meal: Couple goes to McDonald’s, leaves with bag packed with cash
- Boehner: It took me 3 to 4 hours to sign up for Obamacare
Latest Sharia Items
The Ansar al Sharia Brigade, the Islamist terror group linked to the Sept. 11, 2012, attack on the U.S. diplomatic compound in Benghazi, continues to operate freely in that Libyan city, according to U.S. military officials.
In the past, American presidential campaigns have featured bitter recriminations over foreign-policy reverses. Harry Truman was charged with having "lost China" following the takeover of the Chinese mainland by Mao Zedong's communists.
I just read the horrifying, apocalyptic op-ed by Frank J. Gaffney Jr. ("Diplomacy of September"). The prospect of Shariah blasphemy laws coming to the United States are real. Case in point: Fred Grandy, host of a top-rated talk radio show, was fired from WMAL-AM because Shariah activists were offended by his and his wife's reporting.
In her Pulitzer Prize-winning book, "The Guns of August," Barbara Tuchman chronicles how a cascading series of seemingly minor developments led inexorably to World War I and the worst carnage known to man up to that time. In the future, historians may point to the present "Diplomacy of September" as the catalyst for the next horrific conflict now in the offing in the Middle East, and potentially beyond.
Like ordinary folks, presidents of the United States are known by the company they keep. It is a test of their character. Often it shapes their policies. In the case of Barack Obama, it may blight his legacy and our nation's security interests. Until now, among the most egregious examples of the problem were the "friends of Bill" who played prominent roles in William Jefferson Clinton's presidency. Those folks included a mix of unsavory political operatives, Chinese agents and convicted felons. Their overnight stays in the Lincoln bedroom, legally challenged fundraising and 11th-hour pardons raised serious questions not just about President Clinton's ethics, but about his judgment.
It is time for a "Team B" approach to Islamist ideology. The strategy has worked before, against a similarly determined threat to freedom. In 1976, George H.W. Bush, then director of central intelligence, invited a group of known skeptics about the strategy of detente to review the classified intelligence regarding Soviet intentions and capabilities. The point was to provide an informed second opinion on U.S. policy toward the Kremlin.