- Chambliss: Downed jet ultimately goes back to Putin
- Perdue strategy: Run against Reid, Obama, Pelosi
- White House: More changes to contraception mandate coming
- ‘Operation Normandy’ set to send 3,500 volunteers to border to ‘stop an invasion’
- Netanyahu’s spokesman: Safe to fly to Israel
- Oregon vandals smear cars with doughnuts, pastries, chocolate bars
- Obama’s ‘Katrina moment’ leaves his favorability factor at 42 percent
- Feds tout nearly 200 arrests, $625K in seized cash in Texas border crackdown
- Joy Behar: Sarah Palin should be ‘turning letters over on some game show’
- Rhino poacher in South Africa sentenced to 77 years in jail
Topic - Sharon Kane
A New Hampshire woman has been charged with drunken driving and with endangering the welfare of two children in her car after police responded to an accident.
Nine years ago, when Michael Henderson checked out a vacant lot in the District's Edgewood neighborhood, he saw possibilities. He was right. Today, that lot is ablaze in summer color. Mr. Henderson is the proud owner of the home across the way, with a few improvements of its own - new drywall in the bathroom and flagstones in the front.
With both sides keeping up the onslaught of political ads in battleground states right into Election Day, on one thing, at least, there was broad agreement: "I am ready for it to be over," said nurse Jennifer Walker in Columbus, Ohio.
"The neighborhood is starting to see younger families," Ms. Walker says. "They like the nearby renovated Foxchase shopping center along with trails and bike paths."