- House overwhelmingly approves $16 billion cash infusion for VA overhaul
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns shelling of U.N. school in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
Topic - Sharon M. Desmond
At Geri Spears' table at the Beltsville Community Center in Maryland, you can throw small sheep into buckets and earn a prize. Danielle Balsam and Jen Shapiro hand out pocket-sized food-portion guides at their booth. And Meredith Zanelotti gives out a free sample of dark chocolate, while Khaleila Iwuoha performs a free blood-pressure screening at their table.
Usually , students have the whole semester to work on their projects, Ms. Desmond said.
"Students talk to community members about their health issues, hold focus groups and look at data," Ms. Desmond said. "Then they choose their topics."