- House and Senate negotiators reach two-year budget deal
- Congress seeks ban on in-flight calls
- Michelle Malkin’s Twitchy site sold to owners of Townhall, HotAir: report
- GM’s Barra to be first woman to run top American carmaker
- China: Poisonous smog is a military asset, if you think about it
- Texas woman admits to sending ricin to Obama
- Ron Paul on son Rand: ‘I think he probably will’ run for president
- Cold War heats up again in the Arctic: Russian airfield reactivated after 20 years
- 6-year-old boy suspended for sexual harassment over kiss
- Voters deciding Mass. congressional contest
Raul Castro gets a needle and the friendly hand of Obama
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Sharon Taylor
At least three Prince George's County sheriff's deputies recently charged with offenses related to drunken driving are on the job, although their police powers have been suspended while their cases are investigated.
A Prince George's County sheriff's deputy fatally shot a man while attempting to serve a peace order at a Riverdale home after the man displayed what appeared to be a handgun.
A man killed by a Prince George's County sheriff's deputy Wednesday night had been charged in a D.C. kidnapping case this summer that led to the fatal shooting of another man, according to court documents and law enforcement sources.
A Prince George's County deputy sheriff was charged with second-degree rape Wednesday after an inmate reported that the two engaged in oral sex while she was in a holding cell at the county courthouse, officials said.
The parents of a teenage girl slain by her ex-boyfriend after the Prince George's County Sheriff's Office failed to arrest the man on an open warrant are angered that the agency has again mishandled an arrest warrant for another man now accused of murder.
A Capitol Heights man with an open warrant out for his arrest was not taken into custody when he was served a peace order last month - the same day he is accused of fatally shooting his neighbor, the Prince George's County Sheriff's Office said Tuesday.
The sheriff's inspector general, Mark Spencer, a former inspector general with the county police, is in charge of reviewing the administrative investigation of the cases, Ms. Taylor said.
The sheriff's office makes its standards on personal conduct clear to employees, spokeswoman Sharon Taylor said.