- Colorado gun crackdown law found to be built on faulty data
- Hank Aaron steps to fundraising plate for Democrat Michelle Nunn
- ISIL terrorists blow up burial site of Jonah, vow more of same
- Impeach Obama, say 35 percent in new poll
- Taliban yank 14 Shiites off bus, bind and shoot them on Afghan road
- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
Latest Shawn Hill Items
Infielder Greg Dobbs and right-hander Shawn Hill have agreed to minor-league contracts with the Florida Marlins.
With the Washington Nationals still opting to be cautious with starter Shawn Hill, it appears left-hander Matt Chico will return from the bullpen to make Hill's scheduled start tomorrow against the Phillies.
VIERA, Fla. — Shawn Hill, as harsh of a self-critic as they come, won't say this often following one of his starts: "To be honest, I really don't care how I did. It was more how I felt today."
VIERA, Fla. — Though starter Shawn Hill threw off a mound yesterday, used all of his pitches and said he felt no tightness in his right arm, manager Manny Acta has all but ruled him out to start the season in the Washington Nationals' rotation.
VIERA, Fla. — Shawn Hill was back at Washington Nationals camp yesterday morning with some good news, some bad news and then some encouraging news about his ailing right forearm.
There is no need to over-analyze the Washington Nationals' just-completed homestand. After dropping two of three to the Philadelphia Phillies and then getting swept in three games by the New York Mets, the Nationals only could concede what they probably already knew.
For all the pitching success they have enjoyed over the last three months, there has been one gaping hole atop the Washington Nationals' rotation since May 11 — an ace.
The Washington Nationals' rotation has been patched together this season, with manager Manny Acta and general manager Jim Bowden forced to compensate for six starters who landed on the disabled list and others who didn't perform up to standards.
PHOENIX — Shawn Hill will return to the Washington Nationals' rotation this week.