- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
Latest Shawn Petty Items
When the Terrapins hit the field at Byrd Stadium on Saturday, they will do so with sixth-year senior C.J. Brown back under center. It is a welcome turn of events for a team that foundered to a 4-8 record, thanks in no small part to ACL injuries that felled Brown and his backups, Perry Hillis, Devin Burns and Caleb Rowe.
Maryland's season arrived at its appointed conclusion early Saturday evening.
Three early fumbles by Maryland quarterback Shawn Petty ended whatever long-shot opportunity of an upset the Terps possessed against No. 10 Clemson in a 45-10 loss on Saturday.
Shawn Petty, a scout team linebacker a fortnight ago, took the field Saturday as perhaps the most unexpected starting quarterback in Maryland football history. Petty's performance, while commendable, couldn't keep Maryland from avoiding a 33-13 loss to Georgia Tech at Byrd Stadium.
Shawn Petty, the latest in Maryland's unexpectedly long line of quarterbacks, is not overly emotional. He also wasn't expected to play quarterback again after being recruited as a linebacker out of Greenbelt's Eleanor Roosevelt High School.