- Ann Coulter takes up ‘Mitt Romney for President’ chant again
- Mount Everest avalanche kills a dozen Sherpa guides
- Vice principal saved from South Korean sinking ferry found hanged
- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
Sheila C. Bair
Latest Sheila C. Bair Items
How much drama can take place in boardrooms and on intra-agency phone conferences? Sheila Bair aims to find out in her financial-crisis memoir, "Bull by the Horns: Fighting to Save Main Street From Wall Street and Wall Street From Itself."
Sheila Bair, a key government official during the 2008 financial crisis, has a book deal.
Sheila C. Bair will step down as chairman of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. this summer, ending a five-year term in which she played a central role in fashioning the government's response to the 2008 global financial crisis.
The mortgage-servicing industry should fund a new commission to compensate homeowners who may have wrongly been kicked out of their homes, a top U.S. banking regulator said Wednesday.
A lull in loan defaults this spring enabled the nation's banks to post their biggest quarterly industry profit in nearly three years, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. reported Tuesday.
Sheila Bair logged onto her e-mail account recently and got a pop-up ad offering a $175,000 home loan with monthly payments of only $400.