- Billy Graham near death, ‘close to going home to be with the Lord’
- SeaTac, Wash.: City’s new $15 minimum wage heads to court
- Obama mulls support for Islamists in Syria, with conditions
- Obama ‘birther’ theories float, as Hawaii health director killed in crash
- U.S. drone faulted for killing 14 ‘innocent civilians’ at Yemen wedding
- GOP hopes taking shutdown off the table with budget deal will pay dividends
- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
Latest Sheldon Adelson Items
New Jersey became the third state in the U.S. and the biggest venue to legalize and offer online gambling to the public.
Few subjects garnered more media attention during last year's election than the advent of super PACs -- political action committees that may collect unlimited contributions from individuals, corporations and labor unions for independent political spending.
Because Inauguration Day falls on a Sunday this time, President Obama will hold a small, private swearing-in ceremony on Jan. 20 and stage a big public redo the next day.
Brace for impact: Time magazine's annual search for the Person of the Year is under way, seeking the person, idea or entity that most influenced the news in 2012.
Even Sheldon Adelson only gets to vote once.
Palestinians complained Tuesday that the Mideast peace process barely got a mention in the final U.S. presidential campaign debate, saying American standing in the Middle East will be doomed without a greater effort to resolve the festering Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
The blistering super-PAC war during the Republicans' presidential primaries seemed to presage a long, nasty fight all the way through Election Day.
Mitt Romney held a campaign event Monday evening at a Miami juice shop owned by a convicted cocaine trafficker.
When it comes to gays and the Boy Scouts, President Obama and the youth organization he serves as honorary president have agreed to disagree.