- Pope Francis wins another ‘Person of the Year’ — from gay rights magazine
- Rep. Steve Stockman: Give my campaign $10, and you’ll get an Obama barf bag
- Putin: Russia to buy $15 billion in Ukraine bonds
- Expert: Obamacare ‘death spiral’ fears exaggerated
- Alabama firefighters dig for survivors of apartment blast
- Big Sur wildfire destroys home of firefighting chief
- ‘ ’Twas the Night Before Christmas’ set for mock trial to argue authorship
- Angela Merkel’s third term as Germany’s chancellor to be marked by move to left
- Mega Millions entices with record-setting jackpot: Half a billion so far
- Dennis Rodman heads to North Korea — despite execution, political purge
Latest Sheldon Silver Items
Let the NFL worry how its fans will handle a cold weather Super Bowl in New Jersey.
Earlier this year in the wake of the tragic Sandy Hook Shootings, the state of New York defied the U.S. Supreme Court by passing the Secure Ammunition and Firearms Enforcement Act, a complete ban on magazines that hold more than seven rounds.
New York politicians are forging a budget deal that includes a hike of the minimum wage to $9 per hour, over the course of three years.
Only days after calling for an overhaul of gun control in New York in the aftermath of the Connecticut school shootings, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo said a tough proposal on gun control was ready to become law.
It was an odd assignment for the young, pretty staffer when she was ordered to go along on a trip to Atlantic City with her boss, but the reason soon became clear.
A powerful state politician joined with New York Gov. David A. Paterson on Tuesday in suggesting that Muslim leaders should move a proposed mosque farther from ground zero, saying the organizers should be more sensitive.