- George Zimmerman will not be charged in domestic dispute
- Russian officials press bilateral U.S. trade deal
- Selfies at Funerals blog creator retires after Obama flub: ‘Our work here is done’
- New Obama adviser Podesta is against Keystone but will steer clear of pipeline deliberations
- 40 Australian adults, children found in ‘one of the worst accounts of incest ever made public’
- Venezuela’s Maduro calls on student ‘price vigilantes’ to hit the streets, report businesses
- Atheists smug as Hindus join Satanists to demand display at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Bow before Valkyrie, NASA’s ‘superhero robot’ entry in DARPA challenge
- 10-year-old Pennsylvania boy suspended for pretend bow-and-arrow shooting
- Budget deal exposes GOP divisions; conservatives slam tax hikes, vague cuts
Latest Sherrod Wright Items
Oklahoma (8-1) led all the way, getting little resistance from George Mason (5-4) which was led by Bryon Allen, who had 15 points. Guarded tightly by Cameron Clark, Patriots' guard Sherrod Wright hit just 2 of 9 shots, scoring seven points, 10 below his team-leading average.
Sean Armand scored a season-high 30 points and five players scored in double figures as Iona jumped out early to upend previously undefeated George Mason 89-73 on Saturday.
George Mason knocks off Saint Francis (PA) 58-46
Sherrod Wright scored a game-high 23 points and George Mason edged Northern Iowa 76-70 on Saturday night.
Wright, who had six rebounds, shot 6 of 12 from the floor for George Mason, which snapped a two-game losing streak. He also made 11 of his 12 free throw attempts.
Wright, who went 8 of 18 from the floor, was the only player to score in double figures for the Patriots, who have won four of their last five games.
Patrick Holloway scored 10 of his game-high 15 points in the first half, and George Mason got key contributions from several bench players as it pulled away in the second half for a 71-46 win over Old Dominion on Thursday night.
Johnny Williams had 16 points and 10 rebounds and Sherrod Wright scored 12 of his 14 points in the second half, leading George Mason to a 52-49 victory over Mercer on Friday in the Paradise Jam.
George Mason guard Bryon Allen hit a go-ahead 3-pointer with just over a minute remaining, then made two free throws to seal a 63-59 victory over Virginia on Friday.