- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
- ‘Duck Dynasty’ Phil Robertson suspended ‘indefinitely’ for gay comments
- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
- U.S., China race to finish line on ‘invisibility cloak’
- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
Latest Shura Council Items
World headlines blared on Monday that women in Saudi Arabia had been granted the right to vote. This is exactly what the kingdom's hard-line Muslim rulers wanted. It diverts attention from the fact that women will still be banned from voting in this week's elections.
Saudi King Abdullah announced Sunday that the nation's women will gain the right to vote and run as candidates in local elections to be held in 2015 in a major advancement for the rights of women in the deeply conservative Muslim kingdom.
RIYADH, SAUDI ARABIA | Saudi King Abdullah announced Sunday that the nation's women will gain the right to vote and run as candidates in local elections to be held in 2015 in a major advancement for the rights of women in the deeply conservative Muslim kingdom.
U.S. intelligence agencies are investigating whether al Qaeda's leadership council has convened to choose the group's next leader following the death of Osama bin Laden.
Saudi Arabia on Wednesday nearly doubled a development fund that helps citizens buy homes, get married and start businesses, and it set up unemployment assistance for the first time as the oil-rich nation warily watches the unrest spreading around the Middle East.
Bahrain's embattled Shi'ite opposition movement won big in the Persian Gulf island state's parliamentary elections, according to results announced on Sunday.
As President Obama weighed in to support the Ground Zero mosque during a White House dinner celebrating the Islamic holy month of Ramadan on Friday, one can only imagine what Khalid Sheikh Mohammed (KSM), the self-professed mastermind of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, must be saying at Guantanamo.