- Adam Lanza’s dad: He would’ve killed me ‘in a heartbeat’
- North Korea holds election: 100% turnout, Kim Jong-un gets — 100% of vote
- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Sidney Poitier
"This is historic!" a photographer yelled as he surveyed the image before him - Sidney Poitier in the center, Spike Lee to his right, Tyler Perry to his left and more than two dozen other black men in Hollywood, from Blair Underwood to Omar Epps, huddled tight around the legend, posing with a purpose.
The front-runners for the best picture Academy Award on Sunday are "12 Years a Slave" and "Gravity," a situation that is like comparing apples and oranges.
In another effort to change the subject from Obamacare, President Obama Tuesday gave a big wet kiss to Hollywood and his fundraising pal Jeffrey Katzenberg of the Dreamworks studio for the entertainment industry's global influence.
A bridge in the Bahamas was renamed Friday to honor Oscar-winning actor Sidney Poitier, with no sign of any protests called for by an opposition politician.
A bridge in the Bahamas is being renamed to honor Sidney Poitier, who spent part of his childhood in the island chain east of Florida.
Black actors who have won Academy Awards:
Octavia Spencer is continuing her sweep of supporting actress accolades, adding an Image Award to her collection of trophies.
"The Help" collected three prizes at the NAACP Image Awards, including top actress honors for Viola Davis, the supporting actress prize for Octavia Spencer and outstanding motion picture.
The special honors presented at the 43rd annual NAACP Image Awards were emotional, too.
Marty Kaan is TV's first black antihero, and he demands to be judged by the perfectly dreadful content of his character, rather than the totally irrelevant color of his skin.
The Film Society of Lincoln Center will honor Catherine Deneuve with its 39th annual Chaplin Award.
Michael Jackson's three children will sink their father's shoes and sequined glove into the cement outside Grauman's Chinese Theatre, a storied Hollywood cinema and tourist site, organizers said Thursday.
After a tumultuous week that saw the departure and replacement of the Oscar show's host and producer, the film academy enjoyed a night of good vibes Saturday at its third annual Governors Awards. You might even say the force was with the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
Standing on the soundstage where Fred Astaire once danced and Dorothy skipped down the yellow brick road, Morgan Freeman accepted the American Film Institute's Life Achievement Award.
Oprah Winfrey has given the world 25 years of poets and politicians, A-list actors and musicians and talk show topics that defined and reflected American culture.