- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
- U.S., China race to finish line on ‘invisibility cloak’
- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
Latest Sierra Leone Items
Naomi Campbell appeared at a Dutch courthouse Thursday to give evidence at the war crimes trial of former Liberian ruler Charles Taylor after the supermodel lost her battle to avoid testifying.
Judges rejected a last-minute protest from former Liberian ruler Charles Taylor, clearing the way for British fashion model Naomi Campbell to testify at his war crimes trial on Thursday.
Only Nelson Mandela, South Africa's legendary president, could have managed such a guest list. At Genadendal, his Table Mountain residence in Cape Town, Mr. Mandela hosted what by all accounts was a lovely dinner for such notables as supermodel Naomi Campbell, actress Mia Farrow and Liberia's then-President Charles Taylor.
Clashes in Mogadishu pitting Islamist insurgents against Somali government troops backed by African Union forces have killed at least 17 civilians, medics said Wednesday.
The chief prosecutor of the war crimes tribunal for Sierra Leone says Naomi Campbell will testify next month at Charles Taylor's trial.
An international court Thursday subpoenaed reluctant supermodel Naomi Campbell to testify this month in the war-crimes trial of former Liberian President Charles Taylor about a rough diamond Taylor is said to have given her in 1997.
FREETOWN, Sierra Leone — From jungle clearings to city slums, Sierra Leoneans voted in huge numbers yesterday in the first elections since U.N. peacekeepers left two years ago, hoping to speed their nation's recovery from a 1991-2002 civil war.