- George Zimmerman will not be charged in domestic dispute
- Russian officials press bilateral U.S. trade deal
- Selfies at Funerals blog creator retires after Obama flub: ‘Our work here is done’
- New Obama adviser Podesta is against Keystone but will steer clear of pipeline deliberations
- 40 Australian adults, children found in ‘one of the worst accounts of incest ever made public’
- Venezuela’s Maduro calls on student ‘price vigilantes’ to hit the streets, report businesses
- Atheists smug as Hindus join Satanists to demand display at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Bow before Valkyrie, NASA’s ‘superhero robot’ entry in DARPA challenge
- 10-year-old Pennsylvania boy suspended for pretend bow-and-arrow shooting
- Tea partiers turn on Capitol Hill budget deal
By Donald Lambro
Growth spikes are little more than trend-free anomalies
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Skiing
Skiing is a group of sports using skis as equipment for traveling over snow. Skis are used in conjunction with boots that connect to the ski with use of a binding. - Source: Wikipedia
The fun-loving Spaniard, again showing how much experience matters at golf's oldest major championship, scrambled for an even-par 71 on Friday that was good enough to lead midway through the British Open at baked-out Muirfield.
Adam Scott wants to make it perfectly clear that he isn't suing the PGA Tour.
The Netherlands' Queen Beatrix says she will abdicate her throne in April to make way for her eldest son, Crown Prince Willem-Alexander. Here are some questions and answers about the Netherlands' House of Orange and how it's a little different than, for instance, the British monarchy.
Break out the face paint. Study up for those fantasy league drafts. Make sure the big-screen television and comfy recliner are in the perfect working order.
Victoria Pendleton couldn't stop the tears after losing her Olympic sprint crown to her bitter rival in the last race of her cycling career.
The Cleveland Browns signed linebacker D'Qwell Jackson to a multiyear contract extension. Terms were not immediately known.
Someday, Tim Tebow hopes to be playing in the Super Bowl rather than just visiting.
Sarah Burke was an X Games star with a grass-roots mentality — a daredevil superpipe skier who understood the risks inherent to her sport and the debt she owed to it.
Winter in Steamboat Springs can be a time to try everything from fly-fishing to hot-air ballooning to skinny dipping in a remote natural hot springs.
As the holidays approach, many families may wish they had the perfect venue to host an array of friends and relatives, a place where relaxation and entertainment are available equally for every age group.
Charles Schwab Cup points leader Tom Lehman's right knee gave him so much trouble last year that several close friends suggested he undergo replacement surgery.
Suzy Anderson recalls the days when everyone skied in Aroostook County. She and her friends skied to school. They wore their ski boots in class and skied after school. They competed in winter carnivals and raced one another on weekends.
AREA 1: D.C. AND VICINITY