- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
- U.N. rights chief: Flight MH17 downing possible war crime
- Attack on park in Gaza war kills 10, mostly children
Topic - Smokey Davis
Smokey added that flyrodders continue to score well on bedding bluegills and now channel cats are getting ready to spawn.
: 25-30 miles – "The last few days were great for bass and crappies and then the rains came," said Fountainhead ranger, Smokey Davis. "Some bass were ready to spawn but rising waters may have pulled them back again. Right now the reservoir is rising and the water is heavily stained. With more rain yet to come, conditions will probably worsen but savvy bass anglers will still score by moving away from the banks and fishing deeper in channels and along rock walls. Medium running shad-color crankbaits and swimbaits along the rock walls should produce."