- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
- ISTOOK: IRS “wants to throw us in jail,” says tea party leader
- Easter woes: Chocolate costs soar, becoming ‘unaffordable’ luxury
- Michaels craft chain confirms hackers hit 3M customers
- Special Forces’ suicide rates hit record levels — casualties of ‘hard combat’
- Many Americans would quickly face financial hardship after losing job, poll shows
Latest Social Issues Items
A Democratic state lawmaker from Madison is proposing that marijuana be legalized for both recreational and medicinal purposes.
House Democrats will consider two different strategies to derail the effort to place a gay marriage ban in the Indiana Constitution, House Minority Leader Scott Pelath said Friday.
The Nez Perce County Jail has hired more jailers as officials look to increase the inmate population.
New Mexico's state economic development agency wants to open a trading office in Mexico City.
Maryland State Police have charged a Garrett County teacher with sexual abuse of a minor, child pornography and displaying obscene material to a minor.
Jesse Ryan Loskarn, a former aide to Sen. Lamar Alexander who faced charges for child pornography, was found dead in a Sykesville, Md., home Thursday afternoon, a release from the Carroll County Sheriff's Department said.
New Hampshire Gov. Maggie Hassan is recommending that lawmakers pass a bill to address pay equity between men and women.
The Oneida Indian Nation says Ray Halbritter met Friday with the Assistant Secretary-General for Human Rights at U.N. headquarters in Manhattan. Halbritter argues that the team's nickname is racially insensitive.
Former New York Mayor Mike Bloomberg said Friday that a Republican Party that ignores the nation's Hispanics and balks at immigration overhaul does so at its political peril as Republicans pressured the House GOP to act this year.