- Malaysia Airlines pilots sometimes left cockpit door unlocked: U.S. businessman
- PHILLIPS: The benefits of defying ‘common wisdom’
- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region; Pentagon denies
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
Latest Social Issues Items
A man accused of holding three women captive in his run-down home in Cleveland for a decade and fathering a child with one of them has been indicted on 329 charges including murder, kidnapping and rape, prosecutors said.
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid ruled out any major changes to the immigration bill he will bring to the chamber floor this week, saying in an interview that aired Sunday that he will battle to prevent anyone from altering the core of the bipartisan deal reached by the so-called Gang of Eight.
Some on the right are now embracing shareholder activism, using tactics pioneered on the left that have turned America's corporate boardrooms and annual meetings into battlegrounds over causes ranging from climate change and gay rights to universal health care and campaign spending reform.
The immigration fight wasn't supposed to begin until next week but it got a head start Thursday when House Republicans voted to overturn President Obama's policies and start deporting rank-and-file illegal immigrants again — an early signal that a broad legalization bill will have trouble passing Congress this year.
The Church of England will no longer stand in the way of same-sex marriage legislation, but will rather put its efforts toward improving it, a top bishop said on Wednesday.
Talk about a bunch of bull.
Officials in Mexico have rescued 165 kidnap victims being held in the border state of Tamaulipas for as many as three weeks, the country's Interior Ministry said Thursday, CNN reported.
D.C. Council members voiced overwhelming support Thursday for legislation that allows illegal immigrants in the District to acquire driver's licenses, but tussled with the Department of Motor Vehicles director over how to issue such a document and keep in step with federal law.
An Army enlistee who supports the federal Defense of Marriage Act received a promotion amid Chick-fil-A's cultural battle over same-sex marriage, so he served food from the restaurant at his celebration party as sign of support — and was promptly punished by his military superiors.