- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
Latest Social Issues Items
An older workforce and an improving economy pushed Texas government employee turnover last year to levels not seen in Texas since 2000, according to a state audit.
A summary of action in the Alabama Legislature on Thursday, the sixth meeting day of the regular session:
House and Senate Democratic leaders are proposing an economic development package to help create jobs in the state.
An Oklahoma County judge Thursday ruled the state's law that makes it harder for women to obtain the morning-after pill is unconstitutional and prohibited its enforcement.
Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley is highlighting his administration's successes while noting problems the state has had with its health care exchange.
The heavy caseload at a regional office of the state Department of Children and Families does not excuse the failure to properly monitor a 5-year-old boy who has not been seen in months and is feared dead, according to a report issued Thursday by the state Office of the Child Advocate.
Republicans are moving this week to confront some of their biggest problems from 2012, including changing their primary and convention schedules to gain a fundraising advantage and highlighting rising women within their party — a demographic they struggled with in the last presidential election.
North Dakota had the largest percentage growth of population in the latest U.S. Census Bureau release of such numbers.
A Houston-area man has been sentenced to 29 years in prison in a child pornography case linked to an online chat with an undercover officer in New Mexico.