- Congressman: McAuliffe victory means gun control a winning message
- Clinton aide admits soliciting disgraced D.C. fundraiser; says actions were legal
- Joel Osteen church victimized in $600K theft
- Obama goes shopping at Gap as minimum-wage thanks
- N.J. woman charged after client dies from black-market butt injections
- CIA chief Brennan ‘determined’ to speak out more this year
- Reset? What reset? U.S.-Russia ties at worst since Cold War
- 9/11 terror recruiter released in Syrian prisoner swap
- D.C. elections board gives green light to marijuana legalization initiative
- Elephants can tell difference between human languages: study
Latest Social Issues Items
Tea party members upset at Capitol Hill and "Gang of Eight" immigration legislation have forced Sen. Marco Rubio, Florida Republican, on the defensive, after protesting outside his state offices on Tuesday.
I am appalled that renowned pediatric neurosurgeon Dr. Ben Carson was forced to withdraw from a speaking opportunity because "he believes in traditional marriage" and mentioned homosexuality along with bestiality and pedophilia ("The intolerant left," Comment & Analysis, April 15). Those who have shunned Dr. Carson might one day need his medical expertise to save their child, no matter how he may have been conceived. Would Dr. Carson refuse medical aid if the parents did not believe in traditional marriage?
The Senate immigration bill would grant a pathway to citizenship to some illegal immigrants who have been deported from the country a provision that gets at the heart of the debate over family unification versus fairness to those waiting legally at home.
Saudi Arabia has put in motion a tough new illegal immigration policy that cracks down on businesses and fines them for hiring undocumented workers.
New Zealand's legislative body is set to take a final vote on same-sex marriage on Wednesday.
Americans are rushing to donate to victims of Monday's Boston Marathon bombings, but watchdog groups say watch out: The dozens of websites that just registered domains related to the attack may be fake charity sites seeking to profit from the tragedy.
MSNBC analyst Adam Lankford attempted to point a finger at the Tea Party for Monday's terror attack on the Boston Marathon, saying, "This did happen on tax day in Boston, the place of the Tea Party."
The new immigration bill would only grant a pathway to citizenship to illegal immigrants who made it into the U.S. before 2012 — a date that Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano said Wednesday should be widely publicized in order to stop a new wave of illegal border crossers.
President Obama angrily blamed the defeat Wednesday of his centerpiece gun-control proposal on lies spread by the National Rifle Association, calling it "a pretty shameful day for Washington."