- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
- Ronnie Biggs of ‘Great Train Robbery’ fame dies, 84
- Pope Francis wins another ‘Person of the Year’ — from gay rights magazine
- Rep. Steve Stockman: Give my campaign $10, and you’ll get an Obama barf bag
- Putin: Russia to buy $15 billion in Ukraine bonds
- Expert: Obamacare ‘death spiral’ fears exaggerated
- Alabama firefighters dig for survivors of apartment blast
- Big Sur wildfire destroys home of firefighting chief
- ‘ ’Twas the Night Before Christmas’ set for mock trial to argue authorship
Latest Social Issues Items
Cuba says fewer employees are working in the island's vaunted health care system, led by a significant reduction in nonprofessional jobs.
The House Appropriations Committee's defense spending bill calls for blocking all funds for developing an alternate F-35 jet engine, putting the panel's bill at odds with the Armed Services Committee's legislation permitting continued engine development.
The United Nations' population experts recently rocked the world by projecting the planet will be home to a larger-than-expected 10.1 billion people by 2100.
The government is cutting premiums by up to 40 percent in nearly two dozen states and implementing other changes to make it easier for people with pre-existing medical conditions to get health insurance.
In a Republican presidential field where no top-tier candidate offers a flawless resume, the question facing GOP primary voters is whether they can find a diamond in the rough — a standard-bearer who embodies the party's conservative backbone and can give President Obama a run for his money.
Sex traffickers in Virginia can now be prosecuted even if their victims dont testify against them under a new law signed by Gov. Robert F. McDonnell on Tuesday.
America's economic revival is tied to the revival of a strong marriage culture, according to a new study.
Three stars from HBO's "The Wire" joined Justice Department officials in calling attention to the tragic toll of drug abuse on children and families.
While western media continue to rhapsodize about the "Arab Spring democratic revolutions" in the Middle East, it may be that the real democratic revolution is beginning to occur in the European Union and the United States. And if the timing is right, the crisis in the European Union may play a decisive part in tipping the American electorate against President Obama and the Democrats in our 2012 elections.