- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
- Ronnie Biggs of ‘Great Train Robbery’ fame dies, 84
- Pope Francis wins another ‘Person of the Year’ — from gay rights magazine
Social Security Administration
Latest Social Security Administration Items
As far as making history goes, President Obama is breaking all kinds of records for federal disability payouts to non-working Americans.
"As a former Marine, I think all this over-the-top stuff is superficial and, in many regards, an insult to the troops," said the 48-year-old Mark Cunningham, a former combat engineer who served in Operation Desert Storm. "Wearing camouflage football uniforms and sticking flags everywhere does not mean that you understand what any Marine, sailor, airman or soldier has experienced in war or in garrison during peacetime."
When it comes to the Social Security Administration’s disability payouts, prisoners are winning big.
Medicare has not found a good solution to removing Social Security Numbers on beneficiaries' cards, a government watchdog warned, leaving open the possibility that stolen cards could easily lead to stolen identities.
The federal government is still paying out millions of dollars a year in subsidies to dead farmers, according to a government audit released Monday that said the Agriculture Department doesn't do the routine checks required to make sure it is paying benefits to the right people.
Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) is a federal entitlement created in 1956 as an insurance plan for long-tenured workers with the misfortune of becoming disabled before retirement.
The federal government is still paying out millions of dollars a year in subsidies to dead farmers, according to a new government audit released Monday that said the Agriculture Department doesn't do routine checks required to make sure it is paying benefits to the right people.
A research paper by a team of University of Chicago political scientists found that liberals and conservatives, in addition to all of their other differences, have distinct tendencies when it comes to choosing names for their newborns.
Newly released data by the Social Security Administration shows that 10,978,040 Americans now are receiving disability benefits. What the numbers don't tell is that if all those individuals created their own state, it would be be the eighth-most populous.