- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
- U.N. rights chief: Flight MH17 downing possible war crime
- Attack on park in Gaza war kills 10, mostly children
Latest Social Security Items
Key members of Congress said Tuesday that two Social Security judges may have approved thousands of bogus disability claims, but the agency has never gone back to review those judges' cases to stop the ones that were fraudulent.
Top congressional Republicans declared President Obama's tax-laden budget for fiscal 2014 dead on arrival Wednesday, saying its failure to cut deficits destroys any hope of a "grand bargain" to fix the federal government's fiscal crisis
He's skeptical about whether President Obama's budget truly will tackle runaway spending, but the House Republicans' budget point man believes the White House has taken a small step forward on the sticky issue of Social Security.