- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
- ISTOOK: IRS “wants to throw us in jail,” says tea party leader
- Easter woes: Chocolate costs soar, becoming ‘unaffordable’ luxury
- Michaels craft chain confirms hackers hit 3M customers
- Special Forces’ suicide rates hit record levels — casualties of ‘hard combat’
- Many Americans would quickly face financial hardship after losing job, poll shows
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford thanks supporters at re-election campaign bash
Latest Social Security Items
Key members of Congress said Tuesday that two Social Security judges may have approved thousands of bogus disability claims, but the agency has never gone back to review those judges' cases to stop the ones that were fraudulent.
Top congressional Republicans declared President Obama's tax-laden budget for fiscal 2014 dead on arrival Wednesday, saying its failure to cut deficits destroys any hope of a "grand bargain" to fix the federal government's fiscal crisis
He's skeptical about whether President Obama's budget truly will tackle runaway spending, but the House Republicans' budget point man believes the White House has taken a small step forward on the sticky issue of Social Security.