- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
Latest Softball Items
The Women's College World Series used to seem more like the West Coast Invitational, with multiple entrants from the Pacific-12 Conference and Golden State squads such as California State-Fullerton and Fresno State frequenting the fields.
"Mad Men" star Jon Hamm is coming to Minneapolis to play in a celebrity softball game as part of the All-Star game festivities.
Italy's Riccardo Fraccari has been elected to a seven-year term as the first president of the new World Baseball Softball Confederation.
It seemed as if it took "David" 2 minutes to travel that last 60 feet on this Thursday night. But when the man closing in on his 70s crossed home plate, Field 8 at Cargill Park erupted.
The crack of a bat broke the silence one afternoon last week at Roman Blaszczyk Field, a softball diamond on Erie's east side.
Alyx Henderson moved to Plains her freshman year when her father, Randy, became the girls basketball coach at little Plains High School. She was a standout basketball player and had played softball since she was 4. Once she arrived at the Class 1A school, though, Henderson discovered there was no softball team at the school of about 120 students, and she worried her skills would weaken.
Sochi Olympics: Bobsledding has given ex-GW softball player Elana Meyers an extended athletic career
With her softball career at George Washington University over, Elana Meyers began training in bobsled, quickly establishing herself as one of the country's best push athletes and qualifying for the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver.
Carroll College is adding two intercollegiate sports to begin play this fall - men's soccer and women's softball.
Snow covers the field that covers the memories of a different generation and a different time.