- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
By Michael Widlanski
Leveling the battlefield to aid terrorists enables evil to fight on
Topic - Sohn Hak-Kyu
Days after South Korea won the bidding to host the 2018 Winter Olympics, the country's opposition leader says his party would "seriously consider" co-hosting the games with North Korea.
"The FTA, which the ruling party and the government are seeking to push through, is feared to deepen the rifts within our society and worsen polarization," Democratic Party leader Sohn Hak-kyu said, calling for greater protection for farmers, Al Jazeera reported.
"We intend to seriously consider the possibility of both South and North Korea holding the Pyeongchang Winter Olympics," said Sohn Hak-kyu, chairman of the liberal Democratic Party (DP), during a meeting with party leaders in Pyeongchang.