- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
- New evidence could threaten Army sex assault case
- George Zimmerman signs autographs at Orlando gun show
- GOP lawmaker faces fire for NBA crime tweet
- Taliban vow to ‘use all force’ to disrupt Afghan elections
- Atheists sue to remove ‘Ground Zero Cross’ from 9/11 museum
- Bishop in Aleppo: ‘We Christians live in fear in Syria’
- Oscar Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford flubs daylight saving time advice: ‘Turn your clocks back’
Latest Solyndra Llc Items
A top Energy Department official who headed the office that awarded solar panel maker Solyndra LLC $535 million in loan guarantees is leaving the agency for a position at a Washington think tank, company officials confirmed Thursday.
Citing concerns that President Obama's "closest confidants" monitored now bankrupt solar panel maker Solyndra LLC, leaders of a House committee said Wednesday they were expanding their investigation into the failed company's more than half-billion dollar federal loan package.
A top Department of Energy official insisted Solyndra was "headed in the right direction."
Solyndra is asking a bankruptcy court to pay $525 to $640 per hour for lawyers.
Days before the expiration of its loan program, the Department of Energy, under fire for backing more than a half-billion dollars in loans to now-bankrupt solar panel maker Solyndra LLC, announced Wednesday more than $1 billion in new loan guarantees for other solar projects in Nevada and Arizona.
Solyndra was OK'd to auction off assets and retain legal services for government probes.
Fast running out of money just two years after winning a half-billion dollars in federal loan guarantees, solar panel maker Solyndra LLC this spring looked overseas to India in hopes of finding new business to turn the company around.
Out of the hundreds of out-of-work employees, vendors, investors and other creditors in the bankruptcy of government-backed solar-panel maker Solyndra LLC, one name stands out: the California Democratic Party.