- Pope Francis wins another ‘Person of the Year’ — from gay rights magazine
- Rep. Steve Stockman: Give my campaign $10, and you’ll get an Obama barf bag
- Putin: Russia to buy $15 billion in Ukraine bonds
- Expert: Obamacare ‘death spiral’ fears exaggerated
- Alabama firefighters dig for survivors of apartment blast
- Big Sur wildfire destroys home of firefighting chief
- ‘ ’Twas the Night Before Christmas’ set for mock trial to argue authorship
- Angela Merkel’s third term as Germany’s chancellor to be marked by move to left
- Mega Millions entices with record-setting jackpot: Half a billion so far
- Dennis Rodman heads to North Korea — despite execution, political purge
Latest Somalia Items
U.S. law enforcement authorities are investigating claims, first made via Twitter over the weekend by the al-Shabab terrorist network and now by the Kenyan government, that three Somali-Americans are among the gunmen who committed the mall massacre in Kenya.
Several media outlets have reported that three of the gunmen who are terrorizing a Kenya mall are American.
Hostages being held by al-Qaeda-linked terrorists in a Nairobi mall have not been released despite an earlier statement from the military that "most" had been rescued, a person connected to the situation told The Associated Press on Monday.
The al-Qaeda-linked Somali militant group is claiming responsibility for the deadly attack on a mall in Kenya.
American jihadi Omar Hammami was murdered "in cold blood," a Somalia-based Islamic center said, backing up reports that the militant from Alabama was killed Thursday by his rivals within the Somali Islamic extremist group al-Shabab.
Omar Hammami — a rapping, tweeting jihadi from Daphne, Ala., who had a falling-out with Somalia's al-Qaida-linked al-Shabab — was killed Thursday in an ambush ordered by the militant group's leader, the Associated Press reported.
Members of Somalia's al-Qaeda-linked terrorist group al-Shabab have killed one of their own — the rapping jihadist known as "The American," according to several reports citing militant spokesmen.
EXCLUSIVE — As President Obama ran to election victory last fall with claims that al Qaeda was “decimated” and “on the run,” his intelligence team was privately offering an assessment that the terror network was shifting resources to emerging spinoff groups in Africa that posed fresh threats.
MOGADISHU, Somalia — Somali militants attacked a restaurant near Mogadishu's seat of government for the second time in less than a year on Saturday, detonating two large blasts that killed at least 15 people and wounded nearly two dozen, police said.