- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
Latest Sonia Sotomayor Items
ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) — The Daily Gazette of Schenectady on allowing broader use of medical marijuana than Gov. Cuomo plans.
Gay marriage is on hold in Utah, stemming a tide of same-sex unions in the overwhelmingly Mormon state, at least until a federal appellate court decides whether to strike down for good a voter-passed constitutional marriage amendment.
The fight over a contraception rule tied to Obamacare has religious liberty advocates and women's health groups at loggerheads over a simple act: What does it mean when a group of Colorado nuns signs a release form?
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Legal arguments before the U.S. Supreme Court about Utah's overturned same-sex marriage ban have focused heavily on whether gay and lesbians can be suitable parents, provoking a debate on family values in the Mormon state.
One of Obamacare's worst mandates, one that threatens to undermine our religious freedoms, has run into a small, determined band of Catholic nuns.
Now that Obamacare has gone live, more people than ever are running in horror from President Obama's health care disaster. Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor, Mr. Obama's first pick for the high court, had no choice but to block enforcement of the health care law's requirement that religious groups, whether they want to or not, must subsidize abortions, sterilization and contraceptive devices.
Advocates for a Denver-based congregation of Catholic nuns on Wednesday applauded an eleventh-hour order by Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor to temporarily block a requirement under the Affordable Care Act to insure birth control procedures, but attorneys and analysts agreed the fight is far from over.
Exploding fireworks sprayed from the sails of the Sydney Opera House and the Australian city's harbor bridge at midnight Tuesday as the world ushered in a new year.
Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor on Tuesday granted an emergency exemption for an organization that objected to the contraception mandate tied to Obamacare, saying a group of Colorado nuns who sued over the rule on religious grounds should not have to comply with it until the high court considers the case on its merits this term.