- John Podesta jumps aboard Obama ship to sell second-term agenda
- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
Latest Sony Items
Samsung Electronics, the world's largest manufacturer of computer memory chips and flat screen televisions, said net profit rose 13 percent in the fourth quarter amid higher sales of semiconductors and smartphones as the technology giant rounded out a record year for earnings and revenue.
Nintendo's President Satoru Iwata is unfazed by rival Sony's plans for an upgraded successor to the PlayStation Portable, confident that his company's 3-D handheld game machine going on sale next month has a competitive edge.
Sony said the successor to its PlayStation Portable machine will go on sale late this year, offering the quality of a home console in an on-the-go machine boasting a screen double the size of smart phones.
Nintendo President Satoru Iwata said Friday rival Sony was taking a different tack from his company and so he remains upbeat about his 3-D portable game machine going on sale next month.
Nintendo's nine-month profit tumbled 74 percent as weaker sales of the Wii console and a strong yen battered its bottom line.
Another child of Will and Jada Pinkett Smith is set to star in the remake of a Hollywood classic.
North American box-office performance as of Sunday for Oscar best-picture nominees:
Dustin Johnson says he hasn't been dating anyone for two months, not even Natalie Gulbis.
All those rookies ready to start their PGA Tour careers will have to wait another day.