- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Latest Sophie Items
The world is still struggling to escape from the shadow of the Great War that began 100 years ago this year and produced the bloodiest century in recorded human history.
When Bernie DeLeo's drama students at West Springfield High School won a state title last spring with a one-act play about autism, DeLeo was honored and thrilled for his students. But it left him with a nagging feeling.
There's no question but that he was handsome, to wit "his majestic stature and the elegance of his long, slender limbs. His auburn hair was thick and wavy, he had a high, oval forehead, a beautifully shaped mouth, and the gaze of his very large, dark brown eyes had a melancholy which women found entrancing." Count Axel von Fersen, the womanizing Swedish nobleman, is the central character of Francine du Plessix Gray's new novel, "The Queen's Lover."
A murder mystery with elements of an Agatha Christie whodunit is unfolding at the vast country estate where Queen Elizabeth II and her family gathered in rural splendor to celebrate Christmas and New Year's.
Prince Georg Friedrich Ferdinand of Prussia, great-great-grandson of Kaiser Wilhelm II, married Princess Sophie of Isenburg Saturday, a royal wedding that has rekindled German interest in the nation's long-defunct royals.
Dogs have more to look for under the tree this Christmas than cats do. Fifty-six percent of dog owners say they'll buy their pets a gift this Christmas, but only 48 percent of cat owners plan a gift.