- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
Latest South Africa Items
Teal Bunbury faced a dilemma: His father scored 16 goals for Canada's national soccer team, but the 20-year-old forward had lived in Minnesota with his mother for most of the last decade, making him eligible to play for either country.
The day after the U.S. midterm elections, President Obama acknowledged "a shellacking" and promised a domestic midcourse correction.
Steven Pienaar will captain South Africa for the first time when Bafana Bafana play the United States next week in an exhibition at Cape Town.
In a rehearsal studio one afternoon in 1986, a white South African musician wrote an international hit _ partly in Zulu, the language of the largest ethnic group in the country.
Even though Caster Semenya can run in major track meets now, she's wondering if she can afford to.
Sophisticated methods of making sharp stone tools have been around a lot longer than archaeologists thought.
A London auction house has sold artwork said to be by Nelson Mandela despite objections from Mandela's lawyer.
Cape Town's renowned opera troupe is rejecting a call from retired Anglican Archbishop Desmond Tutu to cancel a performance in Israel scheduled next month.
A German news agency says the octopus that gained worldwide fame by correctly predicting World Cup results has died.