- House and Senate negotiators reach two-year budget deal
- Congress seeks ban on in-flight calls
- Michelle Malkin’s Twitchy site sold to owners of Townhall, HotAir: report
- GM’s Barra to be first woman to run top American carmaker
- China: Poisonous smog is a military asset, if you think about it
- Texas woman admits to sending ricin to Obama
- Ron Paul on son Rand: ‘I think he probably will’ run for president
- Cold War heats up again in the Arctic: Russian airfield reactivated after 20 years
- 6-year-old boy suspended for sexual harassment over kiss
- Voters deciding Mass. congressional contest
By Donald Lambro
Growth spikes are little more than trend-free anomalies
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - South Division
Chip Kelly had several months to prepare for the questions he finally faced at Pac-12 media day. The Oregon coach claimed he's eager to explain every aspect of the Ducks' dealings with a Texas-based recruiting service.
Texas A&M still has a long-shot chance to get into the Big 12 championship game. Coach Mike Sherman isn't concerning himself with how that could happen.
Maybe Kansas State's marching band should forgo its traditional "Wabash Cannonball" for something more fitting, such as "So long, it's been good to know you."