- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
Latest South Korea Items
Houston, you have a problem.
North Korea's military renewed its call for its own investigation into March's deadly sinking of a South Korean warship as it met Thursday with the U.S.-led U.N. Command for the first time since the incident raised tensions on the Korean Peninsula.
Samsung Electronics said Thursday it has commissioned an independent health and safety review of its semiconductor factories in South Korea after employee illnesses and deaths raised fears of cancer risks.
On March 26, the South Korean corvette Cheonan was sunk in the Yellow Sea with the loss of 46 lives. Six weeks later, an investigation conducted by South Korean, Australian, Swedish, Canadian, British and American experts determined that the warship had been hit by a North Korean torpedo, parts of which were found near the wreck. Both Seoul and Washington promised there would be a serious response to the attack. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton proclaimed that there "will not be and cannot be business as usual." Yet all the allies did was refer the matter to the U.N. Security Council.
Thierry Henry is retiring from the French national team.
North Korea's military renewed its call for its own investigation into the deadly sinking of a South Korean warship in March as it met Thursday with the U.S.-led U.N. Command for the first time since the incident raised tensions on the Korean peninsula.
Talks between North Korea and the American-led U.N. Command have been rescheduled for Thursday after Pyongyang abruptly canceled a meeting to discuss the sinking of a South Korean warship blamed on Pyongyang.
Masked gunmen riding motorcycles and armed with mortars and rocket-propelled grenades attacked two intelligence buildings in southern Yemen Wednesday in the second such assault on Yemeni security offices in less than a month.