- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
Latest Southdown Items
The 6.7-mile Southdown Loop bicycle path is officially in service, with special markers painted on the road to remind motorists the lane is shared with bikers.
While homes in Great Falls are well-known for their large, secluded home sites, few offer a setting as lush and private as the estate at 100 Interpromontory Road. Located in the prestigious community of Southdown, this Georgian-style brick mansion, on the market for $3,500,000, rests on 5 acres with spectacular views, extensive landscaping and access to bridle trails. The property backs to parkland that adds to the serenity.
It isn't the statues, the stained glass or even the pillows on the graves at Southdown Cemetery that bother Terrebonne Councilman Alvin Tillman — it's the colors on the tombs.