- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
- CIA admits $3 billion intelligence operation was a flop
- ‘127 Hours’ author Aron Lee Ralston, who amputated arm in canyon, arrested in Denver
- Men posing as cops break into home of former deputy
- Berkshire County eschews greenback for own currency — BerkShares
- Hagel warns Pakistani leaders of U.S. aid losses over drone-strike protests
Southern Baptist Convention
Latest Southern Baptist Convention Items
The Catholic Church has joined Southern Baptists in directing its military chaplains not to witness or bless same-sex marriages nor offer marriage counseling to gay couples.
With the recent addition of animated multimedia and a Facebook page, the LDS Church is joining what one of its leaders said is a "growing chorus" of faith groups around the country seeking to engage followers in the issue of religious freedom.
At the invitation of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Southern Baptist and evangelical leader Richard Land was in Utah this week. He met with the Deseret News on Thursday to share his views on faith, family and religious freedom.
New research suggests that the idea of being “spiritual but not religious” rarely plays out in the way people define spirituality and live out their faith. Rather than being at odds, religiosity and spirituality often intersect in daily life.
Nearly two dozen state attorneys general and more than 30 U.S. senators have filed briefs with the U.S. Surpreme Court, which is hearing a case involving prayer at government meetings in the small town of Greece, N.Y.
A diverse group of religious leaders is pressing the Obama administration to exempt any American who objects to the contraception mandate in the federal health care law.
America's Catholic bishops and the Southern Baptist Convention joined forces on Friday, calling on Congress to pass bills that would exempt companies and nonprofits from the contraception insurance coverage mandate in President Obama's health care law.
There seems to be some confusion in the media about the political leanings of so-called conservative evangelicals supporting immigration reform.
Leaders of the Southern Baptist Convention at their annual gathering Wednesday overwhelmingly backed a resolution calling for the removal of Boy Scouts of America leaders who approved a policy shift allowing the participation of openly gay Scouts, expressing concern that this may be the first step toward "future approval of homosexual leaders" in the BSA.