- GOP hopes taking shutdown off the table with budget deal will pay dividends
- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
Latest South'S Government Items
North Korea rejected South Korea's offer of food and medical supplies to help flood victims Wednesday, the South's government said.
Soldiers from rival North and South Korea eye one another across a thin strip of no man's land that - just barely - keeps their armies apart. The tension, they insist on both sides, is palpable.
North Korea promised Monday to reduce South Korea's government "to ashes" in less than four minutes, in an unusually specific escalation of recent threats aimed at its southern rival.
North Korea on Thursday demanded several tough preconditions for resuming talks with rival South Korea, as it backed away from earlier vows to shun Seoul's conservative leader in what could be a sign of conciliation.
North Korea is open to immediate talks with rival South Korea if Seoul responds to several preconditions for dialogue, a North Korean military official told the Associated Press on Thursday.