- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest Soviet Union Items
When the pundits and press feast on a global event, they must make room for the historians. Such is the case with Russian President Vladimir Putin and the Ukraine matter, now drawing academic commentary. And those analysts who think Mr. Putin pines to recreate the Russia of yore may be on to something.
Sen. Marco Rubio made a strong pitch for an engaged America around the world in a foreign policy-heavy speech Thursday at the 2014 Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC), saying that the United States must be be a world leader — and not a dictator.
China is set to establish military bases in key spots of Africa, directly challenging the military presence of the U.S. and the European Union.
Ukrainian religious leaders are standing together in their opposition to Russia’s use of troops in Ukraine’s Crimean peninsula, and ask for payers for a peaceful end to the situation.
What happens when the U.S. government participates in toppling foreign governments in the name of spreading democracy?
Regarding our community activist president's current imbroglio with Vladimir Putin of Russia, I stand with Donald Trump.
The year the American Conservative Union began, Ronald Reagan was a newly minted Republican, Nikita Khrushchev had been recently ousted as leader of the Soviet Union, and the U.S. was just beginning to deepen its involvement in the Vietnam War.
Recent editorials from South Carolina newspapers:
Amid all the Ukraine-centric media coverage, statements, photo-ops and editorials have come the bare-fisted warnings of those who are more interested in a reality check than fancy prose. And the contrast between Russian President Vladimir Putin and President Obama is the focus