- Diapered toddler crashes Jeep, runs home to watch cartoons
- Obama’s post re-election stats irk: 81 golf rounds, 75 fundraisers
- Number-crunchers put GOP chances of retaking Senate at 60 percent: report
- Ohio sheriff sends bill to Mexico for cost of jailing illegals
- Fla. voters’ support for medical marijuana bodes well for ballot measure: poll
- Keith Urban concert ends in ‘nutso’ chaos, with dozens arrested, injured
- Very religious still lean toward GOP, reflecting long-term patterns, Gallup poll shows
- Fist bump becoming all the rage for germ-wary handshakers
- Tennessee storms ravage counties, wreck 10 homes
- Chinese police tear down church cross in religion crackdown
Latest Soviet Union Items
Although the Cold War is said to have ended in the 1980s, the staring contest did not.
Eduard Shevardnadze was a key figure in revolutions abroad and the victim of one at home. As the Soviet Union's foreign minister, he helped topple the Berlin Wall and end the Cold War, but as the leader of post-Soviet Georgia his career in the public eye ended in humiliation when he was chased out of his parliament and forced into retirement.
It was a mere five years ago that smiling Kremlin officials welcomed President Obama's ambitious bid to "reset" frosty bilateral ties between the U.S. and Russia. Today, the smiles are long gone.
Few American journalists know how life in Vladimir Putin's Russia embraces the atmosphere of fear, secrecy and corruption that flourished in the Soviet Union.
Already with an eye on the 2018 World Cup it will host, Russia is headed to Brazil with the attitude that anything short of advancement from Group H will be a failure.
Russia's ongoing confrontation with the West has ignited debate inside and outside the U.S.-led NATO alliance about what its responsibilities are, and how much of its time and effort should be spent to prepare for and if necessary counter Russian President Vladimir Putin's military ambitions.
Elections will never be cakewalks for Rep. Ami Bera. The nearly even split between Democratic and Republican voters in California's 7th Congressional District means the freshman Democrat is likely to confront a strong challenger each two-year election cycle.
I'm often asked what quality distinguished President Reagan from other politicians.
Ukraine Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk warned Sunday that Russian President Vladimir Putin wants to restore the Soviet Union, first by annexing Crimea and then by swallowing the Russian-speaking eastern Ukraine.