- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
Topic - Space Coast Stadium
Space Coast Stadium is a baseball stadium that was completed prior to the 1994 season as part of a plan to bring spring training for the (then new) Florida Marlins to Viera, Florida. - Source: Wikipedia
There are only 9 days of spring training left, so it's just about time for the Nationals to make some final roster decisions before heading north.
Doug Fister was scratched from his scheduled start in Viera with elbow inflammation, an injury the Nationals insist isn't serious.
For now, Ian Desmond hopes to make the most of the next two seasons in Washington. He is not guaranteed any more than that after signing a two-year extension in January worth $17.5 million. Unless he signs a long-term deal with the club, Desmond can hit free agency and the lucrative open market after the 2015 season.
Space Coast Stadium is secure and all Nationals employees are safe after a situation involving a gunman at the Viera courthouse just down the street from the club's spring training home.
Space Coast Stadium is secure and Nationals players are safe after a gunman scare at a nearby Viera courthouse.
The Washington Nationals will report to Viera, Fla., in four weeks, filling the clubhouse inside Space Coast Stadium and the surrounding complex with life as they shed their winter doldrums and start on a path that they hope will take them deep into October.