- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
The speaker avoids blighting Republican high hopes for November
Topic - Space Coast Stadium
Space Coast Stadium is a baseball stadium that was completed prior to the 1994 season as part of a plan to bring spring training for the (then new) Florida Marlins to Viera, Florida. - Source: Wikipedia
There are only 9 days of spring training left, so it's just about time for the Nationals to make some final roster decisions before heading north.
Doug Fister was scratched from his scheduled start in Viera with elbow inflammation, an injury the Nationals insist isn't serious.
For now, Ian Desmond hopes to make the most of the next two seasons in Washington. He is not guaranteed any more than that after signing a two-year extension in January worth $17.5 million. Unless he signs a long-term deal with the club, Desmond can hit free agency and the lucrative open market after the 2015 season.
Space Coast Stadium is secure and all Nationals employees are safe after a situation involving a gunman at the Viera courthouse just down the street from the club's spring training home.
Space Coast Stadium is secure and Nationals players are safe after a gunman scare at a nearby Viera courthouse.
The Washington Nationals will report to Viera, Fla., in four weeks, filling the clubhouse inside Space Coast Stadium and the surrounding complex with life as they shed their winter doldrums and start on a path that they hope will take them deep into October.