- Extra-time goal gives Germany World Cup title over Argentina
- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
Latest Spain Items
An American who co-authored the book "Fiesta: How to Survive the Bulls of Pamplona" became one of their victims Wednesday when he was one of two men gored at the festival.
Not since 1911 had zero U.S. men or women participated in the round of 16 at Wimbledon, according to the International Tennis Federation. That year, no American women even entered the tournament and only three men did.
An American is suing British Airways after the carrier sent him and his partner to the Caribbean island of Grenada, instead of the Spanish city of Granada.
After losing their previous matches in Group B to the Netherlands and Chile, both teams took to Arena da Baixada knowing they could not advance to the second round.
Spain's second loss, after a 5-1 rout by the Netherlands, ended any hope of advancing. Chile and the Netherlands will both advance, regardless of who wins the game between them.
King Juan Carlos I of Spain will be abdicating his throne on Thursday in favor of his son, Felipe.
Can the Spanish rebound against Chile after being drubbed by the Dutch in their first game?
Spain became the fifth holders to be eliminated from the World Cup at the first stage after their 2-0 defeat by Chile at the Maracana on Wednesday.
As Spain's first commoner princess, Letizia will need to win over subjects disenchanted with the monarchy and with her — a tall order for the royal consort who will be queen come Thursday.