- Congressman: McAuliffe victory means gun control a winning message
- Clinton aide admits soliciting disgraced D.C. fundraiser; says actions were legal
- Joel Osteen church victimized in $600K theft
- Obama goes shopping at Gap as minimum-wage thanks
- N.J. woman charged after client dies from black-market butt injections
- CIA chief Brennan ‘determined’ to speak out more this year
- Reset? What reset? U.S.-Russia ties at worst since Cold War
- 9/11 terror recruiter released in Syrian prisoner swap
- D.C. elections board gives green light to marijuana legalization initiative
- Elephants can tell difference between human languages: study
Latest Sporting Items
Benfica beat Estoril 2-0 at home to increase its lead of the Portuguese league on Sunday after Sporting Lisbon drew 2-2 at Setubal.
Chad Barrett scored in the final moments of second half-stoppage time to give the Seattle Sounders a 1-0 victory over champions Sporting Kansas City on Saturday in the Major League Soccer season opener.
Chad Barrett scored off a wild scramble in the penalty area in the final moments of second half-stoppage time to give the Seattle Sounders a 1-0 victory over defending champion Sporting Kansas City on Saturday in the Major League Soccer opener.
Once the scrum subsided, a visitor made his way over to Chad Barrett in the Seattle locker room after an introduction that could not have been more dramatic for the home side.
NEW ENGLAND REVOLUTION
Peter Vermes lets out a slow, deep breath when asked about the upcoming season, the manager of Sporting Kansas City forced once more to think about the daunting schedule.
Benfica beat Belenenses 1-0 away on Sunday to maintain its five-point lead in the Portuguese league, while champion FC Porto slipped nine points adrift of the leaders.
Sporting Lisbon overcame an own goal to fight back for a 2-1 win at Rio Ave on Saturday, leaving it provisionally in second place in the Portuguese league.
Sporting Kansas City traded forward Teal Bunbury to New England on Wednesday for allocation money and the Revolution's first-round pick in next year's MLS SuperDraft.