- Pope Francis wins another ‘Person of the Year’ — from gay rights magazine
- Rep. Steve Stockman: Give my campaign $10, and you’ll get an Obama barf bag
- Putin: Russia to buy $15 billion in Ukraine bonds
- Expert: Obamacare ‘death spiral’ fears exaggerated
- Alabama firefighters dig for survivors of apartment blast
- Big Sur wildfire destroys home of firefighting chief
- ‘ ’Twas the Night Before Christmas’ set for mock trial to argue authorship
- Angela Merkel’s third term as Germany’s chancellor to be marked by move to left
- Mega Millions entices with record-setting jackpot: Half a billion so far
- Dennis Rodman heads to North Korea — despite execution, political purge
Latest Sports Items
Former AC Milan midfielder Gennaro Gattuso, one of the key players in Italy's World Cup-winning team in 2006, was placed under investigation for match-fixing Tuesday as a widening inquiry into soccer corruption targeted Milan's last title campaign.
World Cup organizers insisted Tuesday after the latest death that they aren't sacrificing worker safety in a rush to ready Brazil's venues for next year's tournament.
As Maryland players take a week to complete their final exams, CSN is building its own final exam. Third question: What should Nick Faust's role be?
Former Nationals catcher Brian Schneider has joined the minor league coaching ranks, accepting the manager job for the Class-A Jupiter Hammerheads.
Playing 30 minutes in his first game since Nov. 23, Bradley Beal will have to go through a battery of examinations to make sure there are no setbacks with the stress injury in his lower right leg.
Luis Suarez of Liverpool is the top player in this week's Associated Press global soccer poll, with Manchester City winning team honors.
Next season, assuming a healthy Kirk Cousins and RG3, is there any question who is the starter? Is RG3's position as secure as Mike Shanahan says?
Half a billion dollars so far: That's the record-setting jackpot level that Mega Millions is promising for one lucky winner in Tuesday's draw.
Redskins Coach Mike Shanahan praised his team for fighting through all of the off-the-field distractions in recent weeks.