- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
- U.N. rights chief: Flight MH17 downing possible war crime
- Attack on park in Gaza war kills 10, mostly children
- Calif. protesters to block Israel-owned ships at Port of Oakland
Latest Sports Items
HACKENSACK, N.J. (AP) — Sidney Sanders Jr. followed Sunday's 31 point output against Hofstra with a 32 point burst and Farleigh Dickinson got past Mount St. Mary's 85-79 in a Northeast Conference opener for both teams on Thursday Night.
In this two-game winning streak, Washington has relied too heavily on one player to carry them and instead have had contributions from all over.
The Redskins may be getting close to a deal to make Jay Gruden their next coach but nothing is done until it's done.
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) — Fans will again decide the format of the exhibition Sprint Unlimited exhibition race at Daytona International Speedway.
JACKSONVILLE, Ala. (AP) — Brian Williams scored 15 points and Jacksonville State erased a halftime deficit to beat SIU-Edwardsville 61-52 on Thursday Night.
NEW YORK (AP) — Welcome to the Super Bowl, where demand always beats supply and the teams don't really matter.
NEW BRITAIN, Conn. (AP) — Marcus Burton scored 18 points to lead Wagner to an 88-59 win over Central Connecticut State in their Northeast Conference opener Thursday night.
COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — Three times in its last six games, No. 9 Kentucky's high-powered offense has shot 35 percent or less.
SOUTH BEND, Ind. (AP) — Boston College had trouble slowing Kayla McBride and second-ranked Notre Dame for even brief periods, much less stopping the Fighting Irish.