- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Latest Sports Items
The Cubs have young talent any team would covet, but will their prospects finally emerge? This could be the year.
STOCKTON, Calif. (AP) — Avry Holmes finished with 18 points and eight assists, both career highs, as San Francisco pulled away from Pacific in overtime for an 81-72 win Thursday night.
NEW YORK (AP) — The Rangers' clutch victory over the Stanley Cup champions earlier this week would have lost a lot of luster if New York couldn't back it up against the struggling Dallas Stars.
NEW ORLEANS (AP) — Dirk Nowitzki likes the way the Mavericks' offense is shaping up as the heart of the NBA season arrives.
WASHINGTON (AP) — When he found out he was getting his first start in seven weeks, Michal Neuvirth felt the same way he did before his NHL debut.
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Two-time plane crash survivor Austin Hatch hit a 3-pointer on his first shot in his first basketball game in nearly three years.
BERLIN (AP) — Germany will play Armenia in its last World Cup warmup in Mainz on June 6, the day before departing for Brazil.
After shooting less than 35% from the field in a seven-game stretch, Trevor Ariza may be back on the right track after his performance in New Orleans.
MELBOURNE, Australia (AP) — Gilles Simon of France is in doubt for the Australian Open after injuring his right ankle in the semifinals of the Kooyong exhibition tournament Friday.