- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Unemployment rose to 6.2 percent in July; 209K jobs added
- Dave Brat wishes Eric Cantor well, says he’s ready to take over on Nov. 5
- Ugandan court invalidates controversial anti-gay law
Latest Sports Items
RENTON, Wash. (AP) — Wide receiver Percy Harvin and tight end Luke Willson have participated in practice for the Seattle Seahawks, raising the possibility of each playing in this weekend's NFC divisional playoff game against New Orleans.
MIAMI (AP) — The first airborne banner calling for Jeff Ireland to be fired flew over the Miami Dolphins' stadium in 2011. Other similar signs followed, most recently in November, and on Tuesday those wanting him out finally got their wish.
MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) — The Memphis Grizzlies have acquired guard Courtney Lee and have sent guard Jerryd Bayless to the Boston Celtics as part of a three-team trade that also includes the Oklahoma City Thunder.
SOUTH BEND, Ind. (AP) — T.J. Warren scored 17 points and North Carolina State outscored Notre Dame 25-9 at the free-throw line to beat the Fighting Irish 77-70 Tuesday night.
NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. (AP) — The Auburn Tigers know there's only one way to top this season.
NEWARK, N.J. (AP) — A New Jersey man has sued the National Football League, accusing it of pricing average football fans out of the Super Bowl.
Marcus Johansson was left off the Swedish Olympic hockey team. Was he snubbed? His teammates responded on Tuesday.
Breanna Stewart is moving up on the USA Basketball victory list.
Ken Gurnick of MLB.com, a former reporter for the Los Angeles Herald Examiner, said Tuesday the only player he voted for was Jack Morris, on the writers' ballot for the 15th and final time after falling 42 votes shy last year.